G.D.P.R. Compliance For Paper Files
Under the GDPR, data controllers must implement a system to protect physical data, such as paper files, against,
1. Accidental or unlawful destruction
2. Accidental loss
3. Unauthorised disclosure or access
The system must also provide a record of when data is accessed
and by whom and must be demonstrably restrictive and hierarchical.
So how can this be achieved while avoiding the dangers
associated with tracking physical keys and keeping paper logs which are a GDPR
issue in themselves?
- When fitted to a European certified fire and burglary resistant safe, cabinet or filing cabinet a Sargent & Greenleaf certified USB audit lock tracks access to the unit by identity, date, time and code automatically.
- Audit logs can be easily downloaded and viewed by the data controller but will automatically erase after 1000 entries. Completely compliant with the limited data retention aspect of the GDPR.
- S&G Audit trails are in themselves GDPR compliant as users are identified by audit ID number only, so only the data controller that authorised the access can identify the specific user.
So next time you hear someone say there's no such thing as a
European certified solution for paper files under the GDPR, think again!
The Time Saving Solution
USB Audit Lock Features:
- 1,000 event-, time- and date-stamped audit trail.
- Fast download to USB flash drive and can be saved as PDF, Excel, Word or Txt file.
- Via keypad for single control, dual control and manager/employee modes (up to 100 users).
- Configurable Manual Secure Functionality (00#).
- Improved Daylight Savings Time Feature (easier to program).
- Non-solenoid construction eliminates threat of vibration and bouncing attacks.
- Penalty lockout feature prevents opening by entering sequential or random codes until a valid code is found.
- Integrated user interface with three keypad LEDs for lock status indication.
- Audible and visual signals every time bolt extends to locked position.
Prices for GDPR audit locks start at €420.00 including software.